If you are interested in how the most famous and devastating malware in the world, which many government supported hackers use works, this course is for you. In this course, you will develop a hybrid ransomware with two encryptions, RSA and AES, with a programming language that is gaining a lot of strength - Golang.
Who is this course for?
Security Analysts, Red and Blue Teams.
Why take it NOW?
It's a great time to learn about ransomware with this course, we're seeing a number of attacks using ransomware, including a cyber war going on.
Why this course?
In this course, you will develop a hybrid ransomware with two encryptions, RSA and AES, with a programming language that is gaining a lot of strength, Golang.
! IMPORTANT NOTE !
Due to the sensitive nature of the topics presented in this course each purchase and student application will be verified via email before access is granted.
What skills will you gain?
- Developing your own ransomware;
- Using symmetric cryptography and asymmetry in your applications.
What will you learn about?
- Knowledge of malware, cryptography, and the Golang language.
What tools will you use?
Just an IDE, in the course we will use VSCODE.
Course general information:
DURATION: 8 hours
CPE POINTS: On completion you get a certificate granting you 8 CPE points.
Course launch date: June 12th, 2023
- Accessible even after you finish the course
- No preset deadlines
- Materials are video, labs, and text
- All videos captioned
What will you need?
- A virtual machine, VirtualBox or VMWare.
What should you know before you join?
- Willingness to learn more every day.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR - Rausson Gouveia
I am passionate about Information Security, and I am very interested in the world of cyber attacks. My objective of taking the initiative to create this course is to show those who are interested in the subject of ransomware, how these powerful malware work.
Knowledge About Ransomware
Ransomware operation, most famous ransomware and most dangerous groups, criminal groups website link.
This topic is important because we are going to learn how to handle the first ransomware attacks, we are going to learn who are the backbones of the attacks and many studies to be done.
Module 1 covered topics:
Theoretical knowledge about ransomware clusters.
- Let's learn about the most famous groups of ransomware
- Introduction to AES and RSA encryption
- Analysis of a ransomware (Ragnar Locker)
Module 1 exercises:
- MCQ Quiz
In this module, we will learn the concepts of Golang, variables, structures, array and slice, for, if and else, data input and output, json, map, logical operators, switch case, etc.
Module 2 covered topics:
- This is the most important thing about the course, with it you will have an understanding about this powerful language. With this module, you will be able to use other programming languages using the same methodology of this course.
Module 2 exercises:
- MCQ Quiz
In this module we will learn about file manipulation; this module is interesting because with it, we will know how our ransomware will act.
Module 3 covered topics:
- In this module, we will learn how to create, copy, rename, delete, write, list and encrypt files.
Module 3 exercises:
- Practical assignment.
Building a Hybrid Ransomware
In this module, we already know how to manipulate files, Golang logic and encryption, so now we’ll start to build our hybrid ransomware using RSA and AES encryption, which is one of the most used in this type of malware.
Module 4 covered topics:
- Here, we're going to start using our logic that we've learned about cryptography in practice, starting with string, symmetric keying, asymmetric keying, and file encryption.
Module 4 exercises:
- Practical assignment.